Duft Watterson delivers an innovative marketing approach that advises clients to show, not tell.
A new marketing agency, Duft Watterson, has launched in downtown Boise, with an office in the San Francisco bay area. Brought to life by local agency veterans Ward Duft and Jill Watterson, Duft Watterson is a full-service, high-touch marketing agency with clients throughout Idaho and the U.S.
The agency describes itself as a forward-leaning team of marketing writers, artists, brand strategists and digital natives who help brands discover their true customer value, and then use those insights to develop integrated, high-conversion campaigns that drive long-term value.
“We remind ourselves every day that proof is more powerful than exaggeration, authenticity is more sustainable than hype. Clients join us because they want to demonstrate real value to their customers, as opposed to telling them what they should think,” said Ward Duft, Duft Watterson co-founder, CEO and Creative Director. “It’s why we say, ‘Show, don’t tell.’ It’s a subtle distinction, but one that attracts today’s hyper-aware customers.”
“All too often marketing agencies get caught in the trap of being order takers, which puts both an agency and its clients at risk,” comments Jill Watterson, co-founder, COO and head of client services. “A good agency partner is an extension of an in-house marketing team, one that is consultative and is driven to help its clients succeed. More than anything else, we strive to be that partner for our clients.”
The agency launches with collective experience and expertise in the following marketing disciplines:
- Brand Strategy: In-depth market analysis, brand research, archetyping and strategic planning to align with client’s core values and market opportunities.
- Digital Strategy and Design: Design and develop full-stack digital experiences, websites, motion graphics, CRM/email campaigns and SEM (search engine marketing).
- Brand Identity: Creation of brand identity systems that inform everything from logos, color and typography to brand voice.
- Advertising: Fully integrated campaign concepts that build brand affinity and move people to action.
- Content Marketing and PR: Strategic development and management of internal and external corporate communications and earned media including blogs, social, content, PR.
- Video and Animation: Concept, write and produce national and regional TV spots, corporate videos and animated product demonstrations.
Duft has worked in Toronto, Atlanta and San Francisco specializing in creative direction, advertising and brand strategy for brands that include Disney Resorts, Westin Hotels, Eidos, Blue Cross, Amtrak, K2 Skis, Boost Mobile, eBay, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Netflix, Nordstrom, Verizon Wireless, WaTrust and many more.
Watterson is a 16-year marketing veteran of both start-up and the agency world, most recently as COO and director of client services on the agency side, with experience working on Eddie Bauer, Power Engineers, Blue Cross of Idaho, Kohler, University of Idaho and others.